Thursday, September 10, 2009

Improving the wardrobe



I bought this top at Target because:

1. I liked it.
2. My white blouses always get armpit stains (any ideas about how to get them out? is it my deodorant?) and I am constantly replacing them.
3. I knew it would be easy to pattern.

At the end of my workday, I lifted a pattern from the original blouse; it took me about half an hour. When I got home, I cut it out and built my new top in under two hours--I was done by 9pm. Now I have a pretty new top for tomorrow and it didn't cost me a dime!


I didn't have enough of this cotton to make a complete back so I had to do some clever piecing. I did a roll-and-roll hem on the armscyes which turned out a little puckery. Next time I'll do a bias facing.

I can't wait to make more of these!

2 comments: