Monday, January 18, 2010

big plans

i'm having the sudden (but not infrequent) urge to rearrange my house. and as i'm currently on a complete spending freeze at the moment, i'm trying to think of easy, cheap (make that FREE) ways to make my beige-carpeted, wood-trimmed and incredibly awkward layout of an apartment seem a little fresher. i'm considering making these top-down, bottom-up roman blinds for the windows in the front room.



the one thing i have going for me is that my landlord is completely okay with me painting. i believe his exact words to me were "treat this as though it's your own house." i wonder if that means i could paint all the dark, mismatched wood in the house? it might be worth asking and would certainly be an improvement.

here's a color palette that might work for me (from wear palettes):




i'll keep working on this. as much as i love them, it might be time to let go of my black and white striped rugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment