Sunday, November 1, 2009

apiece apart




I am absolutely in love with the Fall/Winter collection from designers Laura Cramer and Starr Hout and their line apiece apart. As a petite girl (5'2") and with a few extra pounds, the silhouettes of apiece apart are perfect for me-- short skirts and tights, touches of metallic fabrics, and solid, dark colors equal a perfect wardrobe for me. I'm going to be taking a lot of inspiration from them this winter.

While I'm discussing future wardrobes, I've decided that the only thing I want for Christmas this year is a great pair of boots. I have wide calves (16.5") which slightly limits the styles I can wear. I'm pretty certain that I want flat boots that hit just below the knee like a riding boot (I liked the boots featured in the November issue of Real Simple) but beyond that, I haven't any specifications--I'm not even sure if I want black or brown. On the bus to NYC this weekend I sat next to a girl wearing the most beautiful dark green boots. I really wanted to ask her where she got them but she was napping with her iPod on and I didn't want to disturb her. Her boots were a little more western than a riding boot, however. If anyone has any suggestions about brands or styles I should look at, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment