Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bedroom Makeover



My bedroom doesn't feel very cozy. It's a small room (really only big enough for the bed) at the back of my second floor apartment. I like the room because the windows open to the little creek that runs behind my house. In the summertime it was so nice to fall asleep to the sound of the running water. Now that it's colder and I don't want the windows open, I am looking for a way to make the room cozier for the winter. I can change the wall color and the curtains very easily so that's where I'm focusing my search. I've spent the last hour looking at all my favorite design sites to fine color palates that would suit me. I only found the two images above (minus the leaf mural in the second picture).

My bedding is varied--a purple quilt from target, a yellow and white quilt I made two years ago, a lime green duvet from Urban Outfitters--so I'm not sure what to do about the miss-matchy look on my bed. I need all of the blankets for warmth so maybe I'll make a new mustardy-rust colored duvet cover to hide the rainbow underneath. The plaid-shirt pillows should be easy. Perhaps I'll stop by the thrift store tomorrow.

(P.S. I found the images at kelly+olive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment